Thursday, January 3, 2008

Today is a lazy day

Exactly one thing happened today. A Dell service tech stopped by to replace my laptop keyboard because the right arrow keycap snapped off. This probably cost Dell about a hundred times what it would have cost to just mail me a new keycap. Large corporations never cease to astound me.

My friend offered to sell me his broadcast camcorder package for $30k, which sounds like a lot but it's actually pretty cheap for a broadcast camcorder package. Yes, those cameras you see people running around with on the news cost more than your car. The lenses they shoot sporting events with cost more than your house.

Anyway, I'm debating getting it. The main point is will I be able to get enough work as a video photographer to pay for it. We'll have to see.

No comments: