Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy new year, plus some older photos

Had a new years party over at Charles' place:

IMG_1083_RAW

Click on it to see the others.

And on the same memory card I found some pics I'd forgotten I'd taken up at my parents' cabin in Wisconsin, so I posted those too:

IMG_1008_RAW

Again click to see the others.

I'm a bit bored lately because my job hasn't sent me anywhere in a while... Last plane trip was San Diego a couple weeks ago, and I made a day trip to St. Cloud about a week ago but that's it. Sometime maybe late this week or early next I'm going back to St. Cloud because the machine I just fixed a week ago decided to break again. They've got a backup unit up there so it's not a big rush, but I'm still a little peeved that it broke again in less than a week. Whenever I hear about a problem with an installation I worked on I take it kinda personally, like my work wasn't good enough or something. Since I'm the new guy there it's always on the back of my mind that they could decide they don't like my work and I'll lose this incredibly awesome job that I've loved more than any other job I've had.

The new Stellar Vector lineup is getting things together. I'm throwing away a lot of the original parts and writing my own because trying to play someone else's style is difficult for me, especially when I'm having to do it to a click. I like my new parts better though, and Charles and Jonathan seem to as well. I feel a little bit like I'm doing the same thing on drums that Dan did on guitar when he joined up... We both definitely brought more of ourselves into it rather than just try and copy what the last guy did, and I think in both cases it definitely adds to the sound. Mike is having a bit of trouble learning some of his parts. He has to double up on a lot of synth lines and he's never been good at learning riffs by ear, he's better at going off tabulature. I'm sure he'll get it all soon though.

No comments: